McMurry Alumni Directory FAQs
Alumni Frequently Asked Questions
1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for McMurry University. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a company located in Dallas, TX that publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities and military organizations across the nation. This project allows McMurry University to receive important updates to our database so we know more about our alumni and how we can better serve you and future alumni.
2. How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
McMurry University has a contractual agreement with PCI that states: a. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI by McMurry University for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law. b. The Directory will be made available only to alumni of McMurry University. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return to McMurry University any and all electronic files that have been supplied by McMurry University or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Directory.
3. I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?
If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the McMurry University project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed. One of the numbers for the McMurry University alumni is 1-877-509-7776.
If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI’s customer service desk at 1-800-982-1590.
4. Can anyone purchase a directory?
The McMurry University Alumni Directory is available for sale only to McMurry alumni.
5. When will I receive my directory?
The total duration of the directory project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in August 2016 the directories will be distributed in August of 2017.
6. Can I choose some or all of my information not to be printed in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you would prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk (1-800-982-1590) or to the Alumni Relations office at 325-793-4608.
7. I ordered a package containing the Discounted Companion Airline Certificate, but I haven’t received the post card requesting verification of my address.
For those who purchase a package containing the Discounted Companion Airline Certificate, they will receive a postcard within 2-3 weeks and will direct them to go to the PCI website to initiate the certificate process by entering their ID # and order # (shown on the postcard) and verify their mailing address. Alternatively, the buyer can call a toll free number (also shown on the postcard) and leave a voicemail to initiate the certificate process.
You will receive a business envelope that contains the guidelines, terms and conditions, as well as the certified voucher from Award Headquarters so you can begin to make your travel arrangements.
Basics of the certificate program:
• The Discounted Companion Airline Certificate allows the holder to purchase two round trip tickets for a bundled rate.
The Certificate is:
• 200 US Destinations (continental US)
• NO BLACKOUT DATES o 40 Plus Airline Carriers
• 24/7 Online Booking o 7-Day Advance Purchase
• Frequent Flier Miles for Both Passengers
• Low Price Guarantee
• Fully Transferrable
8. I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Call the PCI customer service help desk at 1-800-982-1590, and they will take care of this for you.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we navigate this exciting project. If you ever question the legitimacy of information that appears to come from McMurry, you may contact the Alumni Relations office at 325-793-4608 or email us at email@example.com.